For decades, I have lived, worked and volunteered in the Southside of Tallahassee. For far too long, our community has endured intergenerational poverty and high crime. These systemic problems, at their root, are a result of the disparity in the quality of education our children receive. They deserve better.
Our children deserve a school board member who will make sure that they have the resources they need to achieve. The children in School Board District 3 deserve an advocate who will work to bring radical and transformative change to their schools.
That is why I am running for Leon County School Board District 3. I am devoted to ushering in a new era of academic achievement, improving school safety, and building facilities conducive to learning. As both voters and volunteers, we can change District 3.
When it comes to our children’s future, the stakes are too high to leave well enough alone. I will be the voice of change for school aged children living in southeast and southwest Tallahassee. I hope that you will join my campaign. Together we will help bring a 21st century education to the children in District 3.
Darryl Jones is a long-time Leon County resident and product of public schools. For decades, he has worked to address problems in our community from both grassroots and institutional levels.
- Chair of the Leon County Sheriff’s Citizen Advisory Committee
- Former Chair of Kids Incorporated of the Big Bend
- Former Executive Director of the Bethel CDC
- Board Member for PACE Center for Girls
- Board Member for Kids Inc. of the Big Bend
- Board Member for the Children’s Campaign
- Board Member for the Tallahassee Memorial Hospital Foundation
- Board Member for the Greater Tallahassee Chamber of Commerce
- Board Member for the Big Bend Minority Chamber of Commerce
- Board Member for the FAMU Way Committee
- Graduate of Florida Agricultural & Mechanical University
- Graduate of Leadership Tallahassee
As your next Leon County School Board Member Darryl will: