A Message From Darryl Jones
Four years ago, we ran a campaign for Leon County School Board that set robust goals for District 3. We knew that our students, teachers, and staff deserved someone who would wake up every day and fight for them. With your help and your support, we changed the trajectory of District 3 and the futures of our students. We continue to emphasize early learning, career, and technical education.
But there is more work to do. Covid-19 has impacted our Leon County residents and has put our students at risk. I have consistently fought to put the health and safety of our children and our families first, and I won’t stop now. District 3 has succeeded by being responsive to my message in the face of the deadliest pandemic in our lifetimes, and we must continue our momentum.
I am seeking re-election because this moment demands leaders who are unafraid to speak up and take action for our students, faculty, and staff. It’s time for steady leadership, trusted voices, and able hands to lean into the difficult work ahead. I am up to the task, but I need your help. We have come a long way in a short time, and are prepared to continue our work.
I humbly ask you to join us, and together, let’s keep achieving for our students, teachers, and staff.
- Invested in quality early learning opportunities for our young people.
- Created new pipelines for our students to effectively transition from schools to careers.
- Implemented infrastructure improvements to ensure safety for our students as they enter and leave school each day.
- Organized book fairs in our elementary schools to promote access to reading for our youngest learners.
- Hosted Townhall meetings in person and virtually to keep the community and our school leaders engaged in the process.
- Fostered new partnerships between our Title I Schools and the business community in Leon County.
Darryl Jones is a long-time Leon County resident and product of public schools. For decades, he has worked to address problems in our community from both grassroots and institutional levels.
- Leon County School Board – District 3
- Chair of the Leon County Sheriff’s Citizen Advisory Committee
- Former Chair of Kids Incorporated of the Big Bend
- Former Executive Director of the Bethel CDC
- Board Member for PACE Center for Girls
- Board Member for Kids Inc. of the Big Bend
- Board Member for the Children’s Campaign
- Board Member for the Tallahassee Memorial Hospital Foundation
- Board Member for the Greater Tallahassee Chamber of Commerce
- Board Member for the Big Bend Minority Chamber of Commerce
- Board Member for the FAMU Way Committee
- Graduate of Florida Agricultural & Mechanical University
- Graduate of Leadership Tallahassee